First Eucharist is offered to children in Grades 2 and up (7+ years old), once they have completed their First Reconciliation.
Our parish process includes a home program, parent enrichment sessions and children’s sessions.
Most Reverend William T. McGrattan, Bishop of Calgary, is bringing the parishes of the Diocese together to offer a Sacrament Preparation Program that is consistent in form and content. This initiative is designed to assist the home, school and parish in nurturing the faith of your child as you prepare them for receiving the sacraments.
The Catholic parishes in the Diocese work closely with the school communities. The Catholic schools provide Religious and Family Life Education for your child and the parishes provide the immediate Sacrament Preparation Program for your child. The Program will be offered at the parishes.
Registration and the Parent Information Sessions for Reconciliation and First Eucharist will be held in the hall after each mass on the weekends of September 15/16, September 22/23 and September 29/30.
Mass times at St. Pius X are at 5:00 pm on Saturdays and at 9:00 am and 11:00 am on Sundays. Registration is open from Friday June 22, 2018 and ends Sunday September 30, 2018.
Additionally, there are three (3) sessions to prepare for First Reconciliation as well as five (5) sessions to prepare for First Eucharist. The sessions run for 90 minutes. These dates are as follows to support your family’s schedule planning:
- Saturday October 13, 2018 – 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday November 17, 2018 – 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday December 1, 2018 – 9:30 am-11:00 am
St. Pius X Parish Reconciliation Celebration: Wednesday December 12, 2018 at 7:00 pm
First Eucharist Schedule
- Saturday January 12, 2019- 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday February 9, 2019 – 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday March 2, 2019 – 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday April 6, 2019- 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday May 4, 2019- 9:30 am-11:30 am
St. Pius X Parish First Eucharist Celebration: Saturday May 4, 2019 at 5:00 pm and Sunday May 5, 2019 at 9:00 am and 11:00 am
FEE: There is a separate standardized diocesan-determined fee of $25 for each Sacrament Preparation Program. Your child will receive one book for Reconciliation and one book for First Eucharist.
To pre-register and hold your child’s place for September, please:
- Fill out the Registration Form
- Return a cheque – Payable to “St. Pius X Parish” or cash
- Return a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate
- Mail: St Pius X Church, 2424 24th Ave NW, Calgary, AB T2M 2A2
- Dropping it off at St. Pius X Parish Office – Monday to Friday – 9:00 am to 1:30 pm (Summer hours 9:00 am to 12 noon)
- Placing it in the church wooden mail box on the 24th Avenue side of the building near the office door.
- Dropping an envelope with the above documents into the collection at Weekend Masses – address it to “Pastoral Assistant”
The parish community is looking forward to supporting your child in prayer as they prepare to receive the sacraments and celebrating this time of God’s grace with your child and your family.
We hope to welcome you to our Sacramental Preparation Program!