Confirmation is offered to Grade 6 students and older (12 years and up).
The Confirmation program consists of adult enrichment sessions, candidate classes and retreats.
There will be a mandatory Parent Information Session to further explain the Confirmation Sacrament Preparation Program and how you can continue to support your child’s faith development following each of the masses on November 17 in the Basement Lounge.
There are seven (7) sessions to prepare for Confirmation and run for 90 minutes. These dates are as follows to support your family’s schedule planning:
- Saturday November 24, 2018 – 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday December 8, 2018 – 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday January 19, 2019- 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday February 2, 2019 – 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday March 16, 2019 – 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday May 11, 2019- 9:30 am-11:00 am
- Saturday May 25, 2019- 9:30 am-11:30 am
St. Pius X Parish Confirmation Celebration: Wednesday May 29, 2019 at 7:30 pm
FEE: There is a fee of $50 for the Confirmation Sacrament Preparation Program.
Registration will be held in the hall after each mass on the weekends of September 15/16, September 22/23 and September 29/30. Additionally, you can register your child online, as described below. Registration closes on October 31, 2019
Mass times at St. Pius X are at 5:00 pm on Saturdays and at 9:00 am and 11:00 am on Sundays.
To register your child for Confirmation, please:
- Fill out the Registration Form
- Return a cheque – Payable to “St. Pius X Parish” or cash
- Return a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate
- Mail: St Pius X Church, 2424 24th Ave NW, Calgary, AB T2M 2A2
- Dropping it off at St. Pius X Parish Office – Monday to Friday – 9:00 am to 1:30 pm (Summer hours 9:00 am to 12 noon)
- Placing it in the church wooden mail box on the 24th Avenue side of the building near the office door.
- Dropping an envelope with the above documents into the collection at Weekend Masses – address it to “Pastoral Assistant”
The parish community is looking forward to supporting your child in prayer as they prepare to receive Confirmation and celebrating this time of God’s grace with your child and your family.