St. Rita’s Ladies Group expresses our love of Christ through service at St. Pius X Parish by volunteering our time, talents and resources for funeral receptions and fund raisers for various projects and charities while enjoying the fun and fellowship of our members.
Express our love of Christ by donating comfort items and financial support to organizations helping those enduring impossible situations in their lives.
Monetary – Varies but has included the following:
- St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Calgary Inter-Faith Food Bank
- Veterans Food Bank
- Mary Dover House
- The Community Kitchen
- The Diocesan Priests Retirement Fund
- Rosedale Hospice for Children
Comfort and Support
- Y.W.C.A. – Sheriff King Home – Worry Buddy Dolls, crocheted or knitted security lap blankets used by children and mothers for therapy at the home. These are made and donated by members and friends. Donated clothing is also among items given to the home.
- Baby Layettes are given to Kara Centre and St. Vincent de Paul Society to be given out as required. Each layette includes a Baby Blanket, 2 Receiving Blankets, 2 Sleepers, 2 Onesies, 1 Towel, 2 Bibs, 2 pairs of Socks, 2 Wash cloths and a Toy.
- Manna Ministry – 50 Loaves of sandwiches are made by members and donated twice per year.
We also provide assistance to other charitable or worthwhile projects in our church or as the need arises through special request.
- Funerals – We will host and provide food and beverages for funeral receptions. There is a recommended donation per person depending on the service required (please click the link for more details)
- Pies made by the members and sold twice yearly
New members are welcome. Please contact our Leader for more information.
Being part of one of the service groups at St Pius X means that you are also serving Christ and the Church! You are welcome to join our vibrant community! Please fill out our Ministry Sign Up online form to register with one of the Ministries and Groups.