St. Pius X is a participant in the grocery card program offered by local grocery stores.
By participating in the program, we can all help fund raise for the parish. Key questions regarding the program are listed below.
1. What is the Grocery Card Program?
The Grocery Card Program is a fundraiser, based on “volume buying” whereby a percentage of each card comes back to St. Pius as earnings.
2. How does it work?
When you purchase the card at St Pius, you receive the full face value of the card, PLUS from every card, St Pius X Parish receives:
- CO-OP – 9 %
- Safeway/Sobeys – 5%, with an increase to 8% effective Oct –Dec.
- Superstore – 5%
3. Can I use these Cards for fuel and transit passes?
You can use your cards for fuel at CO-OP and Superstore Gas Bars only (not Safeway). Transit passes can be purchased at any of these stores where this service is available.
4. What other supermarkets will accept my grocery card?
Across the country, you can use your cards at:
- Safeway/Sobeys: Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, Freshco, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drugs, Needs
- Superstore: Loblaws companies
- Co-op: participating Co-op locations
5. Can I ‘re-fill’ my Grocery Card?
Yes, you can ‘re-fill’ your card, however your ‘re-fill’ will not benefit St Pius. If you wish St Pius to continue to receive the fundraiser benefit, you need to purchase a new card every time.
6. Do I still get my REWARDS?
Absolutely YES!!! Your CO-OP number, Air Miles, and PC Optimum points all apply.
7. Do the Grocery cards expire?
No, the grocery cards never expire.
8. How can I pay for my Grocery Cards?
We take cash, cheques (preferable), Debit, VISA and Mastercard.
9. How much does it cost the Parish for debit and credit transactions?
For each debit transaction (regardless of the amount), it costs the Parish $0.05, while it costs the Parish 2.2% per credit card transaction.
10. What denominations are being sold?
Grocery cards are $100 each.
11. When can I purchase my Grocery Card?
Grocery Cards are on sale in the Church vestibule after every Mass and throughout the week from the Parish office during office hours.
12. What are the benefits of buying grocery cards?
- Funds are used towards retirement of Parish debt, operating/maintenance projects and special projects as per the policy established by the Parish Council.
- You will be making a difference, just by doing what you always do—-buying groceries, and fuel.
- These Grocery Cards are also most beneficial, for gift giving, such as students in University, Christmas giving, or any other occasion that arises.
- Plus you still get your rewards.
Your active involvement will connect all of us as a part of a responsible, loving, faith community.
13. Who do I contact should I need more information or to assist with sales?
Being part of one of the service groups at St Pius X means that you are also serving Christ and the Church! You are welcome to join our vibrant community! Please fill out our Ministry Sign Up online form to register with one of the Ministries and Groups.